Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whilst in Philly

I decided whilst waiting on a bench with Alex for a tour of Independence Hall, that I'd share a special little secret with her. I briefly spoke about it a few weeks ago in my Read Me. Open Me post. She absolutely loved the idea and we started scribbling away...



Briefly, for those of you who I know are not going to go there, you write little secret fortunes on pieces of paper and place them around populated areas in secret, but obvious spots.
You write lovely, random little thoughts on them like...You are loved...
You are beautiful...you are an awesome person, believe in yourself.
Then you fold them over and write read me or open me on them in hopes that someone will and that it will make their day more special coming across a little unexpected sunshine in what may be a mundane day in the life of...

Alex just loved this, and I loved doing it with her! Despite all the adversity she faces on a daily basis, she astounds me that she is the first person who will always step up when it comes to helping someone feel better about themselves or trying to make someones day better.

No comments: