Friday, October 10, 2008

What a lovely day :)

Thursday was apple picking day. We woke to our day off from school to rain, but it soon turned warm and bright! Woo hoo for us! I'd recently heard about a new orchard I thought we'd try out - Masker Orchards...I'm so glad I did!

Half a bag full - Macs and Reds - pic taken by Stephen.
What a good sister he has!
A lovely man walked by and asked to take our picture!
Don't be surprised if you see this pic around the Holidays!
This was only a small part of the view all around the orchard! Serenity!
Lovely little flowers.
John chased and chased this butterfly until he could get just the right shot!To round off our apple picking, we stopped at an amazing local creamery for homemade ice cream!
You can even visit the farm in October to watch calf milking, etc. Awesome flavor selection! Stephen had the mint chip, Alex and John the cookies and cream and I had the black dirt blast ... YUM!
Here's a little friend that I found, ahem, in the bathroom. Had to share with the kids.
Alex's turn at the camera! What a goof!
We missed the Daddy-o, but we've found our place for apple picking next year!

3 comments:

allison said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. That orchard isn't too far from my brother's house. And that creamery...we took G there on 9/4/06 for her first ice cream ever. There's a photo on my blog posted 9/4/07 when we went there. What a great way to spend a day off from school.

Sheila said...

I knew it ... I knew it....I knew it! I told the kids I thought you all had been there! What a view - and WHAT GREAT ICE CREAM!!!

Tiffany AZ said...

I love the butterfly pic. How fun Sheila!