Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gooooooooo Stingrays!

This year, Alex, John and Stephen have all joined the Stingrays! Alex has been on the team for three years, but this year I didn't give the boys a choice...good, bad or otherwise, if we all have to be there, they might as well do it too! Although, I will not forget the first day of swim practice when John said to me, through gritted teeth "I HATE YOU MOMMY!!!" Over and over again...to which I replied - "That's okay, you can hate me, but you're still getting in the water." By the time he swam his first lap, he was laughing and saying how much he loved it. He's already talking about next year!

Today was the first official meet! We had to all get up and out of the house so early!!! Had to be there at 7:00 a.m.!!! I really must love my kids!

He was so not happy in his own way about swimming that first race!

He was so brave and got in and did his thang!!!

John wasn't as nervous, but pretty scared nonetheless!

Alex just DOES IT! She always has! She loves the water the most and thrives on this kinda thing!
I am so proud of them all!

1 comment:

allison said...

I was a Stingray, too! Many, many moons ago. My brother and I were Stingrays, then later joined the Marlins. And then we swam in Middle/High School. Oh, how I remember spending my Saturdays at swim meets. So early in the morning and lasted all day long. Good memories, though. I still love the smell of chlorine on my skin. Reminds me of my swim days.