Thursday, September 25, 2008

Creative Chaos

Thanks to some AMAZING encouragement from a certain someone, I've jumped off the deep end ...gearing up for a women's artisan show (I will be a vendor) in November and our church's Harvest Festival (also a vendor)! I'm aiming for using as many recycled or all natural products as possible. The fabric that I've begun weaving in with the vines is 100% cotton.

Above and below are works in progress...all stemming from the war I waged on the Wisteria vines invading my yard.
I'm making fairy wreaths (hair wreaths) and other things as they pop into my head.
Sorting of the sandglass for jewelry while patiently awaiting the supplies. The new necklaces, bracelets, earrings I will be making are of a much higher quality than the previous ones - made with sterling silver and gold as well as leather, etc.
I've taught myself how to braid leather to enhance the pieces. Buying the leather already braided was a bit cost prohibitive, but it had such a nice look to it. So, thanks to my darlin' honey who just happened to have the above book...I started practicing.
Practice piece with silk cord - this is a round braid.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love your creative chaos and your chaotic creations....I want more sandglass jewelry!

I love the hair wreaths and where can I buy one (a very special little one I know would love an enchanted fairy wreath)

I love the treasures you make of those things in nature most see as "trash"....Kudos!

Tiffany AZ said...

YOU are creative. You ARE an artist. You inspire. Love your work!

Sheila said...

You two are the best :) Thanks for all the kudos!