Friday, October 10, 2008

My baby is blossoming!

With much trepidation (on my part only, it seems) Alex began Middle School this year. I wrung my hands, and worried myself into an edgy state of anxiety ... all for naught! She has taken to the new surroundings, schedule and opportunities presented to her with such grace and ease that it astounds me. She takes the bus each day and gets off with a smile and a hug for me. She's just so happy and confident lately that every time I think of her I do nothing but smile rather than worry! (Okay, I still worry, a lot, but not in the same way, lol)The Italian Club
New Adventures for her!
Marching in the Columbus Day parade on October 5, 2008
And, there's my girl! I couldn't march with her because of logistics (originally, I was supposed to) but she didn't care, not one bit. "I wanna do it mom! I'll be fine!"
And she did, and she was...

No comments: